Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Modern Block

Our family had a busy,  happy and blessed time together over the holidays, and I hope that your family did as well!


Somebody in my family (I am not mentioning any names)....
got a little tuckered out after opening all of our presents....
I just need a wee little rest before we put our gifts away, Mom.....

I have been able to add a few more blocks to my growing pile of blocks, which always brings a smile to my face


December's  And Sew We Craft   Modern Blocks  Quilt Along block

December- Modern Blocks Quilt Along block :
Crosswalk    designed by Angela Pingel
Blogged by Actually Amy 
Block by Amy @ Actually Amy.com 
I used my yellow and orange fabrics, to get more of these colors  into the quilt.  After all, it is block number 8 already!

Block 8    Crosswalk      Susie's Sunroom






Ok , Whiskers, let's leave it laying there!


Eight blocks along in the Sew Along already!






The next block:  a Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt block
# 10  Bowtie    (I used the paper pieced pattern in the yahoo FWSQ group)



#10  Bowtie      a FWSQ block  page 137 in the book
This block was fun and simple to put together.  


Hey, I finished the top row now!
If you love looking at  FWSQ blocks, you can see the blocks added to my Share your  FWSQ Flickr Group , and view the beautiful blocks being made by Elaine , the Summercrafter ,  and by Amanda, The Patchsmith .



I'm off to my sewing room!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty blocks! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Modern Blocks are beautiful, love the colours! Happy New Year, Dear Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got two great quilts coming along! I love seeing all of the blocks for the Farmer's Wife Quilt, filling in the grid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol You seem to have alot of helpers!!!
    Very pretty fabrics. Have a great New Year.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those modern blocks! And your cat helper makes me smile - Happy New Year! ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking time to write a comment!