|March's Project : Shamrocks
How about a making a new project with the Across The Pond Sew Along group?!
March's Theme: Shamrocks
We must have the" Luck of the Irish" with us this month, because we have "sew many" beautiful projects , that are available for free! I found some great things... a little bit of everything, from basic blocks to finished project ideas! Amanda, The Patchsmith, has some beautiful project suggestions, too. And a free pattern for you!!
- Shamrock Block: @ Kims Big Quilting Adventure
|photo by Kim's Big Quilting Adventure
- Scrappy Shamrock Block: @ Quilting Assistant.com
|pattern by Quilting Assistant.com
- A Paper Pieced Shamrock: @ Sewhooked.com
|St Patrick Shamrock patten design by Jennifer Ofenstein
- A "Luck of The Irish" Table Topper : @ Moda Bakeshop
|Luck of the Irish Table Topper pattern by RibbonCandyQuilts.com
- A Shamrock Coaster: By Amanda @ The Patchsmith
|Shamrock Coaster designed for the Across The Pond Sew Along ...for free!
- Shamrock Applique Block: @ WeeFolkArt see her blog for pictures and pattern
I wish I had time to make every one of these cute projects... but I decided to make the table topper first , because I don't have one for March and St. Patrick's Day.
The "Luck of the Irish" Table Topper
Pattern: A Moda Bakeshop pattern design by Ribbon Candy Quilt Company (free)
Fabrics: Several St. Patrick Day fabrics from Jo Ann Fabric
Kona lime green
Garden Pindot white by Michael Miller
Dimensions: 30 inches x 30 inches
- the pattern called for additional border of scrappy fabrics, but I liked this Lime Green so well that I used it.
- finished size: 24 inches by 24 inches
- I used the back as the binding ( by adding an inch to the back fabric on all four sides, and folding and pressing it to the front. Then I sewed the binding by machine , with my walking foot.
|The Luck of the Irish Table Topper by Susie's Sunroom
|The stems of the Shamrocks are appliqued on, and then sewn with the Blanket Stitch on my machine
|The back fabric.... with little gold flecks and mini shamrocks.... it continues to the front to become the binding
|I quilted in the white sashes , in 1/4 inch straight lines
You can see what other quilters have made in our Across The Pond Sew Along Flickr group, too. Add your projects and share them with us!!
I hope to make The Patchsmith's Shamrock Coaster this month, too. So stop by and see what else I make during March.
One last note, if you view my blog with Bloglovin', and haven't seen any new posts for months... please feel free to sign up to follow my blog by email . I am having troubles with my RSS feed, I guess.
Linking up at : Can I Get a Whoop Whoop @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict and
Sew Darn Crafty @ Sew Many Ways
|I'm off to my sewing room!
"Wherever you go and whatever you do, May the luck of the Irish be there with you. "